8 Ways to Celebrate National Puppy Day in Central Oregon
You love puppies, we love puppies, everyone loves puppies!
March 23rd is National Puppy Day. It’s a day to celebrate the love and happiness dogs bring to your life and to promote adoption! Let’s celebrate your awesome pooch and make sure all dogs get the love and care they need!
Here are some wonderful ways to celebrate National Puppy Day here in Central Oregon!
1. Make sure you give your pup a big hug and kiss in the morning. There’s nothing like puppy cuddles and this is the perfect day to show your love.
2. Humans aren’t the only ones who can take advantage of the beautiful, snow covered Cascades. Head to Wanoga Sno-Park, which allows your dog to play off-leash. There’s nothing cuter than a puppy with snow on his or her nose!
4. Head to one of the eight off-leash dog parks in Bend!
5. Looking for a forever friend? If you’re ready to adopt there are many dogs who need a happy home. Try Three Rivers Humane Society, the Humane Society of Central Oregon or Herd U Needed a Home Border Collie and Mixed Canine Rescue. Then come into Bend Pet Express and grab a new puppy packet for all the information you need to be the best puppy parent you can be.
6. There are so many places to hike with your dog in Central Oregon that your biggest decision will be where to go: Shelvin Loop, Deschutes River Trail, Pilot Butte, Tumalo Falls, The Badlands, Smith Rock, Good dog! Trails. Pick a favorite and go! Make sure you check the leash laws and always pick up after your dog.
7. Sit back and relax with your pooch, an incredible view river and a nice cup of joe at Looney Bean in Downtown Bend. Or try one of the many dog friendly restaurants in town: 10 Barrel, McMenamins Old St. Francis and Cascade Lakes Brewing Co. are just a few.
8. Get your pup a new toy from Bend Pet Express!Shop Now!