Local Pet Resources
8 Things to Do With Dogs in Central Oregon
1. Make sure you give your dog a big hug and kiss in the morning. There’s nothing like cuddles and this is the perfect day to show your love.
2. Humans aren’t the only ones who can take advantage of the beautiful, snow covered Cascades. Head to Wanoga Sno-Park, which allows your dog to play off-leash. There’s nothing cuter than snow nose!
4. Head to one of the eight off-leash dog parks in Bend!
5. Looking for a forever friend? If you’re ready to adopt there are many dogs who need a happy home. Try Three Rivers Humane Society, the Humane Society of Central Oregon or Herd U Needed a Home Border Collie and Mixed Canine Rescue. Then come into Bend Pet Express and grab a new puppy packet for all the information you need to be the best parent you can be.
6. There are so many places to hike with your dog in Central Oregon that your biggest decision will be where to go: Shelvin Loop, Deschutes River Trail, Pilot Butte, Tumalo Falls, The Badlands, Smith Rock, Good dog! Trails. Pick a favorite and go! Make sure you check the leash laws and always pick up after your dog.
7. Sit back and relax with your pooch, an incredible view river and a nice cup of joe at Looney Bean in Downtown Bend. Or try one of the many dog friendly restaurants in town: 10 Barrel, McMenamins Old St. Francis and Cascade Lakes Brewing Co. are just a few.
8. Get a new toy from Bend Pet Express!